Philip Coverdale features in an article in the latest edition of Trends in Urology & Men’s Health covering oesophageal cancer in men.
In the case history “A vigilant nurse and GP”, Philip Coverdale goes on to describe his story:
“I was diagnosed with oesophageal cancer in November 2012. I was one of the ‘lucky’ 35%, as the cancer was discovered early enough to operate and get rid of it. For the other 65%, it is normally too late for this. A major reason for this is lack of knowledge about oesophageal cancer and what the symptoms are…”
Or you can read the article via the Trends in Urology & Men’s Health article Oesophageal cancer: diagnosis and management.